11.07.2007

The Lies We Weave Are Oh So Intricate



personally, i think pete wentz is a pompous ass.

i could go on all day about why i think this, but i am not going to.

but i can not deny his talent for writing lyrics.



i was one of the select few that listened to fall out boy before "sugar, we're going down"
did you know there was a fall out boy before that song?

well yeah, there was.



anyway, one of the reasons they are so popular (besides pete wentz's pompous-ness & nude photographs) is the quirky, catchy lyrics.

pete writes all the band's lyrics, while patrick does everything else.
but no one really cares about that (except for me and afore mentioned select few)

ANYWAY, yeah, Pete is either a really bad writer or a lyric genius (things like that are hard to discern).

"I got your love letters, corrected the grammar and sent them back.
It's true romance is dead, I shot it in the chest then in the head.">

-The Music Or The Misery



"When I said that I'd return to you I meant more like a relapse
Now and again I think "His and her's" "For better or worse"
But the only ring I want buried with me are the ones around my eyes"

-It's Hard To Say "I Do" When I Don't




"I'm the first kid to write of hearts, lies, and friends
And I am sorry my conscience called in sick again
And I've got arrogance down to a science

They call kids like us vicious and carved out of stone
But for what we've become, we just feel more alone
Always weigh what I've got against what I left
So progress report: I am missing you to death"

-I Slept With Someone In Fall Out Boy And I Got Was This Stupid Song Written About Me




Sometimes Pete's lyrics are downright ridiculous and dumb. Sometimes they don't make any sense. Sometimes they are funny. Sometimes they are ironic. But they are almost always metaphorical.

Lyricists are usually autobiographical writers, and I can imagine Peter being no exception. When he writes about his fucked up girlfriend leaving him because he is arrogant, I can see it happening.

"she took me down and said:
"boys like you are overrated. so save your breath."
loaded words and loaded friends
are loaded guns to our heads"

-Chicago Is So Two Years Ago


He also seems like the kind of guy who would sleep with numerous women because he wants to drown out the memories of the breaker of his heart.

"Sitting out dances on the wall
Trying to forget everything that isn't you
I'm not going home alone
Cause I don't do too well on my own"

-7 Minutes In Heaven




i think of Pete as any other guy who just wants to sleep with girls, make lots of money and see his name everywhere.

That isn't anything new. There are lots of people like that. But we all act on it in different ways.

I think Pete uses his autobiographical writing to make him seem like a troubled, transparent, sensitive soul.

However, I don't think troubled, transparent, sensitive souls date Ashlee Simpson and take pictures of their penis on their own phones.



Or maybe I am completely wrong and Pete Wentz is actually an amazing actor.

No comments: