11.04.2007

Please Don't Take Him Even Though You Can



i have always wished my name were Jolene.

you know, like the Dolly Parton song?

your beauty is beyond compare
with flaming locks of auburn hair
with ivory skin
and eyes of emerald green



that's me.

but lately, i have found myself in situations where i have the need to put myself in Dolly's shoes and sing to other girls.

ok, one specific girl
but you get the idea



she doesn't fit the description like me, she is actually pretty ugly.
and i didn't know about her until AFTER she stole my man.

but if i could go back in time, i would so sing this to her.



well I could easily understand
how you could easily take my man
but you don't know what he means to me, jolene


he helped me through a lot and i had liked him for a long time.
i sacrificed a lot to be with him.
but i guess i was replaceable.

i wonder if she even knew about me

No comments: