10.16.2007

Bohemian Like You



i have a tattoo. i plan on getting more.

sometimes i wonder (worry) about what it will mean for me in the future.
covering myself with ink prevents a lot of people from getting steady reliable jobs.

i could be a tattoo artist, like one of my idols



but i'm not so gifted in the drawing department.

and then i get to thinking...

why the fuck do i want a steady, reliable boring job?

i don't.

i want to be free.



"The term bohemian was first used in the nineteenth century to describe the untraditional lifestyles of marginalized and impoverished artists, writers, musicians, and actors in major European cities. Bohemians were associated with unorthodox or antiestablishment political or social viewpoints, which were often expressed through extramarital sexual relations, frugality and/or "voluntary poverty"."



i know i was born in the wrong decade.

i should have lived through the 60s and experienced life as a hippie in California.

but since that is kinda impossible now, i will have to live the way i can.



i want to live like igby.

and the characters in 'Rent'

I want to live in a poor town and share a loft with a dozen other starving artists. i want to struggle to pay for the rent and food and have a low paying but fun job and buy everything at thrift stores and just be me. i want to sit at home and not have to worry about things. I want to be able to focus on my art and my spirit.



i want to be like Jude in 'Across the Universe'



i want to be a hippie. i want to be bohemian. i want to set my spirit free. i want to life by my own rules.

No comments: