10.17.2007

How Long?



while you are away
my heart comes undone
slowly unravels
in a ball of yarn
the devil collects it
with a grin
our love
in a ball of yarn

he'll never return it




where is the line that says 'this has gone on long enough?'

how many broken hearts will it take to realize that mine can not be broken anymore?




how many times will i forgive and forget and regret?

how many times will i leave the one i really want for the one who is convenient?



how many times will i lead him on?

how many more friendships will i ruin because i want something more?



how many more mistakes will i make exactly like this one?

how many more hearts will be broken before i decide to do what my heart tells me and not just my mind?

how many times will i hurt myself with this fucking charade?



how many more tears will be shed?

how many more nights will be spent alone wondering what could have been?



how many more times will i second guess my decisions?

how many more lives will i scar?



how many more times will i push you away?

how many more days will i ruin?



how many more moods will be killed by me?

how many more times will i drown myself in nostalgia?

how many more sad songs will i write?

how many more sad songs will i relate too?



how many more years of therapy?

how long until i am happy with who i am with?


not until i am with you.

No comments: