10.21.2007

I'm Not There



It ain't no use to sit and wonder why, babe
It don't matter, anyhow
An' it ain't no use to sit and wonder why, babe
If you don't know by now
When your rooster crows at the break of dawn
Look out your window and I'll be gone
You're the reason I'm trav'lin' on
Don't think twice, it's all right


why did we fall apart?
it feels like just yesterday we were sitting on your couch watching 'the haunting.'
i guess it wouldn't matter if i told you now that I wasn't really scared..

i just wanted you to hold me.
it was one of the best feelings in the world.

but i guess i just wasn't enough for you.



It ain't no use in turnin' on your light, babe
That light I never knowed
An' it ain't no use in turnin' on your light, babe
I'm on the dark side of the road
Still I wish there was somethin' you would do or say
To try and make me change my mind and stay
We never did too much talkin' anyway
So don't think twice, it's all right


my mistakes have caught up with me and all i can do it regret
i wish it was still you kissing me. i hope someday it will be.
i don't think you understand how much i miss you.
do you ever think about me?



It ain't no use in callin' out my name, gal
Like you never did before
It ain't no use in callin' out my name, gal
I can't hear you any more
I'm a-thinkin' and a-wond'rin' all the way down the road
I once loved a woman, a child I'm told
I give her my heart but she wanted my soul
But don't think twice, it's all right


you can still call me if you wan't.
i may not be able to hear you.
but i promise to try.
i need you with me.
it isn't the same knowing that tomorrow won't be any better.
you made my summer the best ever.



I'm walkin' down that long, lonesome road, babe
Where I'm bound, I can't tell
But goodbye's too good a word, gal
So I'll just say fare thee well
I ain't sayin' you treated me unkind
You could have done better but I don't mind
You just kinda wasted my precious time
But don't think twice, it's all right


is this what you think of me?

No comments: